University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Which ACS journals are included in this Agreement?
The table below shows the ACS journals where your article publishing charge (APC) should be covered by your institution. Unless otherwise stated, this Agreement covers 100% of the APC.
|Journal / Collection||Included in Agreement?|
|ACS Central Science||Diamond open access: Free to publish and read|
|ACS Omega||APC covered|
|ACS Au family (including JACS Au)||APC covered|
|Other ACS fully open access journals||Waivers may be available: see individual journals for information|
|ACS transformative journals||APC covered|
Publish Open Access at No Cost
If you are associated with the University of Oklahoma Health Science Center and are the submitting corresponding author, you may have the opportunity to publish your research in any ACS journal under a CC BY open access license with your institution’s support.
Access to All ACS Journals
In addition to open access publication benefits, participants in this special agreement will have full-text access to all current ACS Publications journal content.
Scroll down to find out how to publish open access at no cost under this agreement.
I’m a Prospective Author, How do I Publish Open Access?
- During Submission via ACS Paragon Plus, as a corresponding author, select your institution from a drop-down box and use your affiliated university email address.
- Check that your institution affiliation is stated in the body of the manuscript as the corresponding author’s affiliation.
- Complete the Journal Publishing Agreement to publish open access and retain copyright. Click on the “Order Open Access” link in the JPA Tool to submit the open access funding request.
- Alternatively, you can enter your manuscript DOI at https://publish.acs.org/publish/research_share_and_oa under the ACS Open Access Licenses And Programs section to submit the open access funding request.
- Your institution will be alerted of your request. If the funding request is approved, approved your work will be published as ACS open access via a CC BY 4.0 license and made freely available on the ACS Publications website at no additional cost to you.
This demo video shows you how to navigate the Journal Publishing Agreement assistant and CCC RightsLink® system, which enables you to publish your research open access under your institutional open access agreement:
Automatic Article Deposit in PubMed Central
Authors who elect to publish open access will automatically have their final published article sent for deposit in PubMed Central. Authors publishing open access under this agreement are also free to deposit the version of record in their institutional and/or research funder’s designated open access repository.
Immediate Public Access to Research
Some research funders, including all federal funding agencies in the United States, require authors to make a version of their research article available in a public open access repository immediately upon publication.
You may see this referred to as ‘zero-embargo green open access’.
If you receive any type of funding from a US federal agency such as the Department of Energy or National Institutes of Health, or any other funding organization with a zero-embargo green open access policy, then your funder may require you to make a version of your manuscript available in an open access repository immediately upon publication. You will need to check the terms of your grant, and/or communicate with your grant officer, to confirm if such a policy applies to your work.
Publishing open access through your institution’s read and publish agreement is compliant with these mandates. ACS Publications will automatically submit the version of record of your article to PubMed Central, and you and your co-authors are free to post it to any other repository or service required by your funder(s). Combined with public access to your research data, this will ensure compliance with any applicable zero-embargo green open access policy.
For authors who do not already benefit from a read and publish agreement, ACS Publications’ zero-embargo green open access option expands the choices beyond the free 12-month embargo route for those authors to comply with funder mandates by posting their accepted manuscript with a CC BY license to a repository immediately upon acceptance, following payment of an article development charge (ADC).