Hong Kong Baptist University
Do I qualify?
If you are associated with Hong Kong Baptist University and are the submitting corresponding author, you may have the opportunity to publish your research in any ACS journal under a CC BY open access license with your institution’s support.
|Hong Kong Baptist University|
How Do I Get Support?
- During Submission via ACS Paragon Plus, as a corresponding author, select your institution from a drop-down box and use your affiliated university email address.
- Check that your institution affiliation is stated in the body of the manuscript as the corresponding author’s affiliation.
- Complete the Journal Publishing Agreement to publish open access and retain copyright.
- Click on the “Order Open Access” link in the JPA Tool to submit the open access funding request. Alternatively, you can enter your manuscript DOI at https://publish.acs.org/publish/research_share_and_oa under the ACS Open Access Licenses And Programs section to submit the open access funding request.
- Your institution will be alerted of your request and, if you are approved your work will be published at no additional cost to you as ACS open access via a CC BY 4.0 license and made freely available on the ACS Publications website.
Your final published article will automatically be deposited to US Pub Med Central. Please note all contents published on US PubMed Central are mirrored on Europe PMC — nothing more is required on your part.
What are the Benefits of Institutionally Sponsored Open Access?
ACS Transformative Agreements, set up between ACS and an institution (or consortium), provide authors — and administrators — with the easiest process to publish open access, while maintaining authors’ full access to the ACS publications portfolio of journals and Chemical & Engineering News.
Hundreds of academic institutions around the world have now signed agreements with ACS, with new agreements being reached regularly. ACS Transformative Agreements are a sustainable approach to helping institutions accelerate the pace of open access publishing by their researchers. Other benefits include:
- Accelerating the rate of open access publishing and removing administrative and APC barriers so authors can experience a seamless publishing experience
- A more efficient workflow with automation – powered by a workflow program (CCC’s RightsLink) used by STM publishers, saving authors and administrators time.