Do I qualify?

If you are affiliated with a participating institution and you are the submitting corresponding author, you may have the opportunity to publish your research in any ACS hybrid / transformative journal under a CC BY open access license with your institution’s support.

Institution nameInstitution Name
Cooperativa de Ensino Superior Politecnico e Universitario, CRL RAIZ instituto de Investigacao da Floresta e Papel
Egas Moniz Cooperativa de Ensino Superior, CRLRECET Associacao dos Centros Tecnologicos de Portugal
Funacao ChampalimaudUniversidade Autonoma de Lisboa
Instituto Gulbenkian de CienciaUniversidade Catolica Portuguesa
Instituto Nacional de Saude Doutor Ricardo Jorge (INSA)Universidade da Beira Interior (UBI)
Instituto Politecnico de Castelo BrancoUniversidade do Algarve
Instituto Politecnico de Viana do Castelo (IPVC)Universidade Europeia
Instituto Politecnico de Beja (IPBeja)Universidade Lusiada
Instituto Politecnico de Braganca (IPB)Universidade Lusofona
Instituto Politecnico de CoimbraUniversidade NOVA de Lisboa
Instituto Politecnico de LeiraUniversidade de Aveiro
Instituto Politecnico de LisboaUniversidade da Madeira
Instituto Politecnico de PortalegreUniversidade de Coimbra
Instituto Politecnico do PortoUniversidade de Evora
Instituto Politecnico de SantaremUniversidade de Lisboa (ULisboa)
Instituto Politecnico de Setubal (IPS)Universidade de Tras-os-Montes e Alto Douro (UTAD)
Instituto Politecnico de Viseu (IPV)Universidade do Minho
International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL)Universidade do Porto
Laboratorio Nacional de Engenharia Civil (LNEC)Universidade dos Acores
Laboratorio Nacional de Energia e Geologia (LNEG)Universidade Fernando Pessoa
Military University Institute (IUM)Universidade Portucalense Infante D. Henrique (UPT)

How Do I Get Support?

  1. During Submission via ACS Paragon Plus, as a corresponding author, select your institution from a drop-down list and use your affiliated university email address.
  2. Check that your institution affiliation is stated in the body of the manuscript as the corresponding author’s affiliation.
  3. Complete the Journal Publishing Agreement to publish open access and retain copyright. Click on the “Order Open Access” link in the JPA tool to submit your open access funding request to your institution.
  4. Alternatively, you can enter your manuscript DOI on the ACS Research Sharing and Open Access page under the ACS Open Access Licenses And Programs section to submit the open access funding request.
  5. Your institution will be alerted of your open access funding request and, if the request is approved, your work will be published as ACS open access via a CC BY 4.0 license and made freely available on the ACS Publications website at no additional cost to you.

Video demonstration

This demo video shows you how to navigate the Journal Publishing Agreement assistant and CCC RightsLink® system, which enables you to publish your research open access under your institutional open access agreement:


Your final published article will automatically be deposited to PubMed Central. Please note all contents published on US PubMed Central are mirrored on Europe PMC — nothing more is required on your part.