The Open Preprint Server for the Global Chemistry Community
ChemRxiv is a free submission, distribution, and archive service for unpublished preprints in chemistry and related areas. Introduced in 2017 and now featuring more than 150,000 preprints, ChemRxiv is co-owned and collaboratively managed by the American Chemical Society, the Chinese Chemical Society, the Chemical Society of Japan, the German Chemical Society, and the Royal Society of Chemistry.
By uploading their articles to ChemRxiv, authors can quickly and easily share their work with scientists and colleagues prior to formal peer review. ChemRxiv is openly accessible, with all costs covered by the supporting societies, meaning there are no subscription fees for readers and no submission charges for authors.
Share your research findings with a global community of scientists: Learn more about ChemRxiv
Discover ChemRxiv Features
- Indexed in Chemical Abstracts, Scopus, and Google Scholar, enhancing discovery of your research findings.
- ChemRxiv articles are assigned a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) upon posting, making your preprint article fully citable.
- Easy preprint submission process to ChemRxiv via a drag/drop web upload.
- A link between the preprint and the final published article will direct readers to the most recent version.
- Directly submit your ChemRxiv preprint for publication into journals with Direct Journal Transfer
- ChemRxiv also accepts reviews that provide well-sourced context for previous research from multiple sources.
ChemRxiv preprints are not peer reviewed but are checked for plagiarism, offensive, dangerous, highly controversial, and/or non-scientific content.