Consortium of Swiss Academic Libraries
Important information for authors receiving funding from SNSF
If your research is wholly or partly funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF), your APC costs for publishing in ACS fully open access journals should be covered by SNSF, and you may be eligible for a significant discount when choosing to publish open access in ACS transformative journals.
Our systems will automatically route you to the appropriate agreement as you work through the publishing process. If you have any questions, or believe your manuscript may have been routed incorrectly, please contact us.
Do I qualify?
If you are affiliated with a participating institution and you are the submitting corresponding author, you may have the opportunity to publish your research in any ACS journal under a CC BY open access license with your institution’s support.
|CERN: European Organization for Nuclear Research|
|École Polytechnic Fédérale de Lausanne|
|Haute École d'ingénierie et d'architecture de Fribourg|
|Lib4RI: Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology (Eawag)|
|Lib4RI: Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology (Empa)|
|Lib4RI: Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI)|
|Lib4RI: Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research (WSL)|
|Medicines For Malaria Venture|
|University of Basel|
|University of Bern|
|Université de Fribourg|
|University of Geneva|
|Université de Neuchâtel|
|Università della Svizzera italiana|
|University of Zurich|
|Zurich University of Applied Sciences|
How Do I Get Support?
- During Submission via ACS Paragon Plus, as a corresponding author, select your institution from a drop-down list and use your affiliated university email address.
- Check that your institution affiliation is stated in the body of the manuscript as the corresponding author’s affiliation.
- Complete the Journal Publishing Agreement to publish open access and retain copyright. Click on the “Order Open Access” link in the JPA tool to submit your open access funding request to your institution.
- Alternatively, you can enter your manuscript DOI on the ACS Research Sharing and Open Access page under the ACS Open Access Licenses And Programs section to submit the open access funding request.
- Your institution will be alerted of your open access funding request and, if the request is approved, your work will be published as ACS open access via a CC BY 4.0 license and made freely available on the ACS Publications website at no additional cost to you.
Different institutions within your consortium have slightly different publishing workflows.
Our first demo video shows you how to navigate the Journal Publishing Agreement assistant and publish your research open access under an institutional open access agreement.
This second video shows you how to navigate the Journal Publishing Agreement assistant and publish your research open access under an institutional open access agreement with an added demo of the Copyright Clearance Center RightsLink® system.
Your final published article will automatically be deposited to PubMed Central. Please note all contents published on US PubMed Central are mirrored on Europe PMC — nothing more is required on your part.