ACS is committed to supporting the global research community in this transition. We offer researchers a variety of platform, process, product, and service enhancements that support Open Science goals and mandates. These efforts include, but certainly are not limited to:
- 100% Open Access journals. ACS Central Science, ACS Omega , JACS Au, and the nine new ACS Au journals are OA-native journals, with 100% of published content freely accessible under a range of OA license types.
- Hybrid Open Access journals. Any article selected for publication in an ACS journal can be published under an OA license. To enable broad participation, ACS offers APC (article publishing charge) discounts to authors that are ACS Members or are employed at qualified subscribing institutions.
- The PrePrint Server for Chemistry. Established in 2017, ChemRxiv is the world’s open access preprint archive for chemistry. Co-owned and collaboratively managed by ACS and four other leading scientific societies across the world that ensure its technical and operational sustainability, ChemRxiv enables efficient and timely dissemination of chemistry knowledge.
- ACS Read + Publish Agreements. ACS offers ACS Read + Publish Agreements (commonly referred to as APC-offset programs or transformative agreements) to institutions and funders all over the world. Such agreements have been established to speed the transition to an OA publishing model.
- ACS Data Center and SciMeetings. ACS continues to evolve, experiment, and innovate with new models of open access. The Society is also committed to offering researchers options and exploring new models of scientific communications that deliver the transparency, accessibility, and collaboration that underlie open science. From initiatives such as the ACS Research Data Center to new publishing services such as SciMeetings, we are committed to helping researchers forge new partnerships, improving the visibility of their research findings, and facilitating a means by which they can disseminate their work to a wider audience.