Which ACS journals are included in this Agreement?
The table below shows the ACS journals where your article publishing charge (APC) should be covered by your institution. Unless otherwise stated, this Agreement covers 100% of the APC.
|Journal / Collection||Included in Agreement?|
|ACS Central Science||Diamond open access: Free to publish and read|
|ACS Omega||APC covered|
|ACS Au family (including JACS Au)||APC covered|
|Other ACS fully open access journals||Waivers may be available: see individual journals for information|
|ACS transformative journals||APC covered|
Publish Open Access at No Cost
If you are a researcher associated with one of the institutions below and are the submitting corresponding author, you will have the opportunity to publish your research in any ACS journal under a CC BY open access license with your institution’s support.
Access to All ACS Journals
In addition to open access publication benefits, participants in this special agreement will have full-text access to all current ACS Publications journal content.
Scroll down to find out how to publish open access at no cost under this agreement.
|University of Applied Sciences Emden/Leer|
|Hannover Medical School|
|Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg|
|University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover|
|TU Braunschweig University|
|Clausthal University of Technology|
|University of Gottingen|
|Leibniz University Hannover|
I’m a Prospective Author, How do I Publish Open Access?
- During submission via ACS Paragon Plus, as a corresponding author, select your institution from the drop-down list and use your affiliated university email address.
- Check that your institution’s affiliation is stated in the body of the manuscript as the corresponding author’s affiliation.
- Complete the Journal Publishing Agreement to publish open access and retain copyright. Click on the “Order Open Access” link in the JPA tool to submit the open access funding request.
- Alternatively, you can enter your manuscript DOI at https://publish.acs.org/publish/research_share_and_oa under the ACS Open Access Licenses And Programs section to submit the open access funding request.
- Your institution will be alerted of your open access funding request. If the funding request is approved, your work will be published as ACS open access via a CC BY 4.0 license and made freely available on the ACS Publications website at no additional cost to you.
Different institutions within your consortium have slightly different publishing workflows.
Our first demo video shows you how to navigate the Journal Publishing Agreement assistant and publish your research open access under an institutional open access agreement.
This second video shows you how to navigate the Journal Publishing Agreement assistant and publish your research open access under an institutional open access agreement with an added demo of the Copyright Clearance Center RightsLink® system.
Automatic Article Deposit
Authors who elect to publish open access will automatically have their final published article sent for deposit in PubMed Central. Please note all contents accepted for US PubMed Central are automatically mirrored on Europe PMC — nothing more is required on your part. Authors publishing open access under this agreement are also free to deposit the version of record in their institutional and/or research funder’s designated open access repository.